Henry has been with CowanGates since graduating from the University of Richmond School of Law. His practice focuses on civil trial work, including: personal injury, eminent domain, real estate litigation, contract litigation, business litigation, and collections. Henry practices in all trial courts of the Commonwealth, and has successfully acted as both lead and co-counsel for jury trials in Circuit Court and bench trials in General District Court.
In addition to his trial practice, Henry represents clients in the negotiation and drafting of commercial lease agreements, and regularly assists with matters involving electric utilities and title insurance defense.
Henry graduated from law school magna cum laude, and was elected to membership in the prestigious Order of the Coif upon graduation for finishing in the top 10% of his class. While in law school, Henry was elected to membership in the legal honor fraternity, Phi Delta Phi, for maintaining a GPA that placed him in the top third of his class.
Prior to law school, Henry attended Hampden-Sydney College where he graduated cum laude and received a B.A. in Government. At Hampden-Sydney Henry was active in various leadership roles on campus, serving as the chairman of the Interfraternity council, as President of his fraternity, and was a member of the Presidents leadership committee.
Henry is originally from Ahoskie, a small town in eastern North Carolina. Henry learned the value of hard work during his summers in Ahoskie where he worked in forestry and farming for Michael D. Neal and Associates as the business’s youngest employee. Henry’s father and sister are both practicing attorneys in North Carolina.
In his spare time Henry enjoys hunting and spending time with friends, family and his black lab, Leigh.
- Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Litigation
- Title Insurance Defense
- Contract Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Electric Utilities
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Infractions
- Bar & Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- University of Richmond School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Hampden-Sydney College, Farmville, Virginia,
- B.A., Government
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors and Awards:
- Order of the Coif, Interfraternity Council
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Chesterfield Bar Association
- Hawk Hunt Club in King and Queen County
- Christchurch School Alumni Council, Secretary
- Christchurch School Class Agent
- Ducks Unlimited
- Hampden-Sydney College Bar Association, Member Planning Committee