Heath Gates is a third-generation Chesterfield County attorney, who joined his father’s law firm as an associate in 2010. He was named a Principal in the firm in 2015. Heath’s main focus is real estate, which includes: contract and closing negotiations, construction and permanent financing, negotiating leases, easement agreements, covenants and other real estate issues.
Heath is a 2005 Political Science graduate from Hampden-Sydney College. Following graduation, he worked for Bon Air Title Insurance Company as a Title Examiner. Heath attended Regent University Law School where he served the Law School as a Student Ambassador to prospective students, graduating from Regent in 2010.
He is an avid outdoorsman, Hampden-Sydney and YMCA of Greater Richmond supporter and dedicated to the Episcopal Church.
Heath discusses Real Estate
- Hampden-Sydney College
B.A., Political Science
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar Real Property Section, Member
- Registered Real Estate Settlement Agent under the . . . (CRESPA)
- Chesterfield County Bar Association, Member
- Powhatan County Bar Association, Member
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Hampden-Sydney Young Alumni Association, Class Captain
- SCAN – Stop Child Abuse Now, Board of Young Professionals
- SCAN, Chair, Membership Committee
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Honored as one of Virginia’s top 25 finest young professionals
- Huguenot Trail Rotary, Scholarship committee
- Huguenot Trail Rotary, Board member, Sergeant at Arms
- Regent Alumni Group of Richmond
- Quoit Club
- Ducks Unlimited
- YMCA Richmond