Frank Rennie has practiced law at CowanGates since graduating from the T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond. Prior to law school, Frank served on active duty in the Navy following graduation from the U.S. Naval Academy. Frank’s practice has an emphasis in civil trial work, including commercial litigation, creditor’s rights, eminent domain and personal injury. Frank also serves as general counsel to several boards, commissions and agencies, including service as County Attorney for Lunenburg County, Virginia. He is a frequent lecturer in the area of property rights, condemnation and eminent domain. Frank represents clients throughout Virginia, and acts as local counsel for many out of state clients. He practices in all State and Federal courts.
Frank is active in many church and civic organizations, including service on several charitable boards. He is active in the local Fellowship of Christian Athletes Chapter and is active in the Virginia War Memorial Educational Foundation.
Frank is also well qualified to assist military families as he has over thirty five years of military service. He served our nation as a Rear Admiral in the U.S. Navy Reserves, where he was assigned as the deputy director for operations for the U.S. European Command in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Areas of Practice:
- Civil Trials
- Commercial Litigation
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation/Property Rights
- Personal Injury
- Creditors’ Rights
- Bar Admissions:
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Naval Academy
- Chesterfield County Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- U.S. European Command in Stuttgart, Germany
- Deputy Director Operations