Heath Gates is a third-generation Chesterfield County attorney, who joined his father’s law firm as an associate in 2010. He was named a Principal in the firm in 2015. Heath’s main focus is real estate, which includes: contract and closing negotiations, construction and permanent financing, negotiating leases, easement agreements, covenants and other real estate issues.
Heath is a 2005 Political Science graduate from Hampden-Sydney College. Following graduation, he worked for Bon Air Title Insurance Company as a Title Examiner. Heath attended Regent University Law School where he served the Law School as a Student Ambassador to prospective students, graduating from Regent in 2010.
He is an avid outdoorsman, Hampden-Sydney and YMCA of Greater Richmond supporter and dedicated to the Episcopal Church. He is married to Beatrice Gates, owner of Gates Interiors. Heath and his wife live in Richmond with their precious daughters, Virginia and Johanna.
Heath discusses Real Estate
- Hampden-Sydney College
B.A., Political Science
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar Real Property Section, Member
- Registered Real Estate Settlement Agent under the . . . (CRESPA)
- Chesterfield County Bar Association, Member
- Powhatan County Bar Association, Member
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Hampden-Sydney Richmond Alumni Club, President
- Hampden-Sydney Young Alumni Association, Class Captain
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Honored as one of Virginia’s top 25 finest young professionals
- Regent Alumni Group of Richmond
- Ducks Unlimited
- YMCA Richmond