Neil was admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1988. He earned his B.S. degree in History and Religion from Hampden-Sydney College and a J.D. from the T.C. Williams School of Law of the University of Richmond.
Neil was selected as a Barrister of the John Marshall Inn of Court, an organization that fosters effective advocacy and professionalism among judges, trial lawyers and law professors. Neil practices in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, civil and commercial litigation and insurance defense and was named as a SuperLawyer for the years 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.
In 1999, Neil won a three million dollar jury verdict for a personal injury client in the Circuit Court of the City of Richmond. It was one of the largest verdicts ever won in that court. Since then, he has become a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization whose membership is limited to attorneys that have won jury verdicts or settlements of one million dollars or more.
Neil has served as President of both the Chesterfield County Bar Association and the Briar Creek Hunt Club. He is a past President of Salisbury Country Club and continues to serve on the club’s Board of Directors. Neil has been elected to a three year term on Salisbury Country Club’s Board of Directors, which represents his 3rd term.
He is a founding member of the Huguenot Trail Rotary Club, and a founder and former President of the Salisbury Men’s Golf Association.
He currently also serves on the Boards of the Midlothian YMCA and Providence Forge Fishing and Hunting Club.
Neil discusses Personal Injury Law
Neil discusses Criminal Defense
- Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Family Law
- Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia
- B.S., History and Religion
- Honors and Awards:
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Barrister, John Marshall Inn of Court
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 (Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs); Virginia’s Top 100 and Richmond’s Top 50 in 2018
- Listed in the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th Editions of The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice areas of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Member, National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chesterfield County Bar Association, Past President
- John Marshall Inn of Court, Board of Directors
- Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- Community Activities:
- Salisbury Country Club, Past President
- Huguenot Trail Rotary Club, Founding Member
- Salisbury Men’s Golf Association, Founder, Past President
- Midlothian YMCA, Board of Directors
- Salisbury Country Club, Board of Directors and Past President
- Hampden-Sydney College Richmond Alumni Club, Board of Directors
- Providence Forge Fishing & Hunting Club, Board of Directors
- CancerLINC – Legal Information Network for Cancer