Jessica Boutwell practices family law at CowanGates, focusing on divorce, child custody and visitation, spousal support, child support, and premarital agreements.
Jessica graduated with honors from the University of Virginia, where she studied French and linguistics. She obtained her law degree from William & Mary School of Law. While at William & Mary, Jessica served as the co-chair of the Public Service Fund, a teaching assistant with the legal skills program, and a member of the William & Mary Law Review. She was one of 20 students to receive the Dean’s Certificate recognizing leadership and contributions to the law school, and her student Note was published in the Law Review.
Jessica is a member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association, the Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, and the Henrico County Bar Association. She is admitted to practice law in Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- Family Law
- Virginia, 2012
- District of Columbia, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
The Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, 2012
- William & Mary Law Review Public Service Fund, Co-Chair
- Dean’s Certificate
- Legal Aid Clinic (Legal Aid Society of Southern Virginia)
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, 2008
B.A., French and Linguistics
- Virginia Arts & Sciences Council
- French Distinguished Majors Program
- Under Oath Pre-Law Magazine
- Virginia Themis Society
- UVA Club Swim
- Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association