Business and Corporate Law Attorneys
Experienced Lawyers Protecting Your Business Interests
CowanGates regularly advise large and small businesses on a variety of important legal issues. Whether you are just starting out or you need advice regarding a dispute your business is facing, it is important to seek advice from business attorneys who know the business world and understand what is at stake.
Since 1977, CowanGates has advised business owners in the day-to-day operations of their businesses. We are ready to put our experience to work for you.
To arrange a consultation with our business lawyers, please call 804-320-9100, toll free 800-948-7160 or contact us online.
Virginia Lawyers Handling a Wide Variety of Business Needs
Our business attorneys provide knowledgeable, comprehensive advice to business owners on a number of topics, including:
- Start-up businesses: We advise clients on the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and unincorporated associations.
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales: Our attorneys handle all the complex issues involved in merging, purchasing or selling companies or their assets.
- Franchises: We are available to develop purchase, sale and dissolution agreements. We also offer review and advisement services for all franchise contract documents.
- Lease, purchase and sale negotiation: We can negotiate and draft documents for the lease, purchase or sale of land, office space, manufacturing facilities or retail operations.
- Employment issues: We handle everything from drafting employee handbooks to defending workplace discrimination cases.
- Registered agent services: We can provide for the receipt of Service of Process, Annual Report preparation, Corporate Minutes preparation and counsel and advisement services to all corporate entities.
- Policies and procedures: Our lawyers can draft thorough and effective guidelines for any business.
- Stockholder agreements: We can develop buy/sell agreements and set parameters for the transfer of ownership within a corporation.
- Tax services: We know how to interpret the complicated laws and regulations governing federal, state and local taxation so your business remains in compliance.
Our creditors’ rights practice group concentrates on securing our clients’ financial interests in the following key areas:
- Client collections
- Defining a creditor’s options when a debtor is in bankruptcy
- Post judgment remedies
- Business work outs with multiple creditors
- Attachments/foreclosure/forced sales
- Intra-state creditor activities; domesticating judgments in Virginia
- Subordination/notes/performance agreements
Whatever legal need you face as a business owner, the Virginia business law attorneys at CowanGates will be there to guide you. We want your business to succeed, and we will do everything we can to make that happen.
Contact a Chesterfield County, Virginia, Business Start-up Lawyer Today
To discuss your business’ legal needs with an experienced corporate attorney, schedule a consultation at CowanGates. Call 804-320-9100, toll free 800-948-7160 or contact our law firm online.